Updated: Aug 2, 2019
Magnesium has a hand in over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It is found in every organ. Knowing this, it is no surprise that a magnesium deficiency can cause a whole host of unwanted side effects.
First, the bad news:
Symptoms of magnesium deficiency:
• muscle aches
• muscle spasms
• poor digestion
• difficulty sleeping
Conditions associated with magnesium deficiency:
• cardiovascular disease
• migraine headaches
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Alzheimers Disease
The Good News
Supplementing with magnesium is made easy with topical magnesium. Increasing your magnesium levels can make a big impact on your health. Some of the benefits that people see with consistent use of magnesium oil (1)(2)…
1) An energy boost. Magnesium supports the production of ATP. If you remember a thing or two from high school biology, ATP is responsible for creating energy in the body’s cells. When you provide your body with adequate magnesium, the result is an uptick in energy for you!
2) Calms anxiety. When you’re feeling stressed or anxious, your body needs magnesium to carry out the necessary calming processes, like producing serotonin and other “happy hormones,” to bring you back to equilibrium.
3) Promotes better sleep. You can’t sleep with a racing mind and tense muscles. Because magnesium has a calming effect on the nervous system, it will help to make your insomnia a thing of the past.
4) Helps with muscle recovery. Supplementing with magnesium oil after a workout helps replenish the magnesium that was lost during physical exertion. Magnesium can also soothe sore muscles, reduce inflammation and promote healing. (3)
5) Relieves and prevents migraines. Magnesium is involved in neurotransmitter function and blood circulation. It can reduce constriction of the blood vessels, lower blood pressure and help release pain-reducing hormones.
6) Clears up acne. Some research has shown that magnesium can help break down fats and oils. That, combined with its ability to regulate stress can be a game changer for those struggling with acne.
7) Regulates diabetes. Magnesium activates enzymes that are crucial for the absorption of nutrients and it plays a key role in the production of insulin. As such, the mineral is necessary for the body to maintain proper blood sugar levels. (4)
8) Balances hormones. Magnesium is involved in the production of a variety of hormones that your body needs to function properly. It can help promote thyroid health, estrogen balance, and helps manage stress hormones like cortisol and adrenalin. (5)
Magnesium oil has been shown to provide a variety of health benefits for consistent users. Each person’s body chemistry is different. You may feel relief instantly, after a couple of weeks of consistent use, or it may take longer. The key is to be consistent and give your body time to heal.